Is your company’s cyber threat when not if?
Many people think all businesses in all categories and sizes will be cyber attacked sooner or later - -it’s when not if.
Have you assessed your company’s risk of cyber attack?
Unlike physical threats that prompt immediate action—like stopping, dropping and rolling if you catch on fire—cyber threats are often difficult to identify and understand. Cyber threats include dangers such as viruses erasing entire systems, intruders breaking into systems and altering files, intruders using your computer or device to attack others and intruders stealing confidential information. The spectrum of cyber risks is limitless; threats, some more serious and sophisticated than others, can have wide-ranging effects on the individual, community, organizational and national levels.
Before a Cyber Attack
You can increase your chances of avoiding cyber risks by setting up the proper controls. The following are things you can do to protect yourself, your family and your property before a cyber incident occurs:
- Only connect to the internet over secure, password-protected networks.
- Do not click on links or pop-ups, open attachments or respond to emails from strangers.
- Always enter a URL by hand instead of following links if you are unsure of the sender.
- Do not respond to online requests for personally identifiable information (PII). Most organizations—such as banks, universities and businesses—will never ask for your personal information over the internet.
- Limit who you are sharing information with by reviewing the privacy settings on your social media accounts.
- Trust your instincts. If you think an offer is too good to be true, it probably is.
Now would be a good time to consult with us at 504.586.0440 about your risks for cyber attack.