Getting ready to explore the US in your RV. Take a look at these safety tips provided by Property Casualty 360 to ensure you have a wonderful risk-free trip.
- Install smoke alarms
- Stay in the kitchen while you cook
- Use only one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time. Appliances should be plugged directly into a wall outlet
- Check for propane leaks (refrigerators, furnaces, ovens and stoves)
- Have your propane system inspected
- Know two ways to exist and ensure windows open easily
- Practice a fire escape plan
- Turn off camping heaters and lanterns while sleeping
- Make sure campfires are permitted before setting one up
- If campfires are allowed, set up at least 25 feet away from anything that can burn
- Have your vehicle serviced by a qualified mechanic
- Keep a portable fire extinguisher on board to use only if there is a small fire that can be contained
RV fires cause million dollars in damages. So follow these tips to reduce the chance of a fire claim. Travel safely and enjoy the great outdoors.
Source: Property Casualty 360